Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Clock Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Installation

A few days ago I aquired a clock form a friend for a 1957 president. The clock is about 2.5 inches across. I know these clocks were used for many years in the lark types (with cosmetic alterations), but my question is:

How does a clock on a 61'/62'lark mount? is it different than a 57'/58'? On the back of my dashboard there are no mounting screws or anything where the clock goes. Yet this clock that I aquired has to tabs that are supposed to slide over screws that are welded in the back of the dashon a 57'.

The mannual and parts catalog mention nothing or even show a clock (guess they didn't want to sell many).

I hope I didn't just thoroughly confuse everyone and thank you in advance for any advice that can be supplied.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

I believe your car's rightful clock had a threaded stud or two on the back of it's case just like the speedo and cluster gage do. The either a 1-piece clamp OR two seperate clamps fit onto those studs and then had nuts tighten up on them until the clamps held tight against the backside of the dash panel.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Are you sure it is a Lark clock. It sounds to me to be a clock out of a sedan or wagon. I really don't know if there is a difference but I do know while looking for my clock for my 56 wagon, the wagon and sedan clocks are unique. I am looking at mine right now and it is exactly as you discribe. Does yours have a cream face(57) or a black face(56). Again just a thought because I do not know what a Lark requires. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
      X