supercharger belt position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: supercharger belt position

hello all , i am rebuilding a 1957 golden hawk , i am a not sure if the front pulley is operating correctly , with the s/c belt on the pulley ,it the pulley is in the open position with the belt near the bottom, if i rev the motor the pully opens further and the belt drops to the bottom, the kick down switch is not connected at this stage, the s/c seems to be operating at all speeds , my manual states that there are 3 stages the belt can sit in the pully, at idle the belt should be at sitting at the top of the pulley however mine will not, if i short the kick down switch a click is heard in the s/c but the pully does not move in any way , my question is how do i get the belt to be in the top pulley position or am i incorrect in my thinking, the supercharger seems to work well however i have noted the oil does not get hot .Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger 1957 golden hawk 006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1733975is this correct, please give me a few ideas ,in the photo the engine is not running and the belt will not sit any higher in the pully. thanks from roger,
    Last edited by studevic; 09-02-2011, 08:32 PM.
    R.A.Jennings

See VS57.com , Technical Reference , Installation , VS57 Installation , Checking The Supercharger Control System .
    Mike M.

Comment

VS57.com is gone, domain name for sale.

Comment

VS57.Com Lives!

You can highlite "VS57.Com" in my first post, and search with "Bling"; or use:
        http://VS57.y-block.info/ .
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X