Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Wiper Switch Connection Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Switch Connection Question

Howdy All, I just replaced my original 3 wire wiper motor and switch in my 4E with a newer 4 wire motor and matching 4 wire switch from a 7 or 8E. Can any one tell me what wire colors correspond to what terminals on the switch. The colors are blue and black from the park switch, and red and yellow from the motor. The switch has A,B,C,D, for terminals, beside the Battery terminal that connects to the ignition switch. I cant seem to find a schematic in the shop manual that corresponds to the colors on the newer motor. Thanks in advance. Tim

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

There is a color-coded wiring diagram on Chuck Collins site that shows this wiring. Go to his site, scroll down to 'wiring', and select '63-'64 Stude 6 & V8.

Dwain G.

Comment

Dwain, that was just what I was looking for, that schematic is missing from my shop manual for some reason. All the others are there but that one, must have been omitted when they bound it. Printed it and will put it in the manual. Thanks a million! Tim

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
      I own time machines.....

Comment

It was never in the manual. I don't know where it came from, but it sure is neat!

Dwain G.

Comment

Okay, I've found this through Google after an afternoon of getting nowhere. I hooked it up on my 8E-12 like that diagram three times over. When I pull the switch the breaker trips about a split second in. The wipers will work with the black and blue wires disconnected. Will somebody tell me how this can supposedly be wired right and still doesn't work?
          1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
          1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
          1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
          1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
          1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Working...
          X