Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

headliner attatching rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: headliner attatching rail

my first time on a chat room (bear with me). I am looking for the rail with gripping teeth to attatch the headliner on my 54 K model hdtp. One of them was so rusted i cannot use it

When you find some, let me know too. I need it for my 1953 K model hdtp. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jer View Post
      my first time on a chat room (bear with me). I am looking for the rail with gripping teeth to attatch the headliner on my 54 K model hdtp. One of them was so rusted i cannot use it
      Welcome to the forum. Are you the fellow I directed here on the phone ?
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I pulled one of those clips and went looking for something, anything, close. I found a stall at the local automotive flea market that sold all sorts of connectors and there was a box of clips that weren't exact, but close enough to work. Originals are nearly impossible to find, but a "fastener" outlet might get you something close. Good luck.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

headliner stays

If you're really in need, I think they could be fashioned from some light sheet stock. Here's a pic of what the ones on my 55 President looked like. The duct tape served as a soft spot for the fabric as it was rolled up and under the length of the piece to catch on small points(barbs). There were 2 pieces on each side over the doors. Each stay was fastened by a series of steel pins that had to be quarter turned to allow removal. Some areas the pins were gone and screws were used. The only area that might require some creativity is where the stay meets the windshield. I have more pics if you need.

64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
          X