Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Muffler bearings for stainless Avanti chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler bearings for stainless Avanti chassis

These are not really muffler bearings for the Avanti. They are the new muffler hanger brackets just back from laser cutting.

The top of each bracket will be supported through two high temperature silicon grommets with bolts attached to the body mounts.

The bottom of the bracket will be welded to a partial sleeve, matching the contour of the chambered muffler. This partial sleeve will be secured to the muffler with a t-bolt clamp.

The copper wire is there just to simulate what it will look like, not a permanent solution. [8)]

We will probably use a flex coupling from the headers to the side exhaust, as it will be semi-rigid.

Perhaps no more toasted feet is indeed attainable. [8D]

sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Darn- I had some NOS muffler bearings I could have sold you.

Comment

Very nice looking work. I have had several Corvettes with the chambered side pipes. Your Avanti will sound sweet.

Comment

Sweet work.

I'm taking bets...
        Which Avanti will come out of the garage first?
        grobb284's, or SBCA96's?????
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X