Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

master cylinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master cylinder question

Hi all, I have a 39 Commander with a bad master cylinder and am having a difficult time finding a replacement. I have been told that there are some master cylinders out there from different years and makes that are interchangeable or compatabke with my 39. Anybody know if that is true. Thanks for the help. Jim

Jim D. Gray

Jim

If you can't find one, have it bored out and a stainless steel sleeve pressed in.

Terry

Comment

I have not bought one for quite a while, but the underfloor M/C for most/many/all? underfloor Studebakers including 1941 Commanders) stayed "available" for years because they were also used on fork lifts (Towmotor brand, I think). Try a parts shop that also supplies some industrial customers.

Comment

Jim,
        Did you contact Bob Kapteyn at Joliet Studebaker?
        He has a ton of pre-war stuff.
        He will also be in South Bend.

Joliet Studebaker Service (Bob Kapteyn)
        Robert Kapteyn, Sr.
        Joliet Studebaker Service
        112 Bissel St.
        Joliet, Illinois 60432
        Phone (815)722-7262
        email: studebaker@mac.com

quote:Originally posted by Det

Hi all, I have a 39 Commander with a bad master cylinder and am having a difficult time finding a replacement. I have been told that there are some master cylinders out there from different years and makes that are interchangeable or compatabke with my 39. Anybody know if that is true. Thanks for the help. Jim

Jim D. Gray
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jim, no need to use an expensive re-sleeved unit or an old stock one, I have NEW ones. Just email me by clicking the "StudeRich to the left of this post, Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Det

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X