Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Radiators and gas tanks for Larks..........are they available repop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Radiators and gas tanks for Larks..........are they available repop?

I've noticed that a lot of Stude Lark stuff is available either NOS or reproduction------------with the notable exception of gas tanks and radiators.

Any thoughts who may have parts like that? Unless conversion radiators for Jeep CJ's to 1986 with SB Chevys fit the bill re: Larks.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

The short answer is no. There are however radiator manufacturers that have a radiator that can be made to fit but won't be authentic. Same with fuel tanks, no one currently produces an exact replacement. I do have two Studebaker fuel tanks left that are NOS 59-61 Lark and can be made to work in other Larks. When those are gone there will be no more NOS tanks. The other option right now is to have a tank made.
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 07-12-2011, 05:58 PM.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      The short answer is no. There are however radiator manufacturers that have a radiator that can be made to fit but won't be authentic. Same with fuel tanks, no one currently produces an exact replacement. I do have two Studebaker fuel tanks left that are NOS 59-61 Lark and can be made to work in other Larks. When those are gone there will be no more NOS tanks. The other option right now is to have a tank made.
      Thanks for the heads-up e: you having a couple of Lark tanks in captivity.

In all fairness; every Lark (complete or roller) that I've looked at has a tank under it so finding one may be a non issue.
      Last edited by 1962larksedan; 07-14-2011, 02:14 PM.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

If anyone needs a radiator (62 Lark 6 cylinder) I have one in nice condition just removed from a running car. I'm in a Chicago suburb. Cheap. It's just taking up space and I'll never use it.

Comment

I know you are looking for authintic and I dont know of anyone who makes them. However PRC Performance Rod & Custom in Boonville IN does make a very nice all aluminum custom build rad for most Studebakers and Avanties.

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
            I've noticed that a lot of Stude Lark stuff is available either NOS or reproduction------------with the notable exception of gas tanks and radiators.

Any thoughts who may have parts like that? Unless conversion radiators for Jeep CJ's to 1986 with SB Chevys fit the bill re: Larks.
            I have a 60 lark tank I took out of my car.it is a very solid tank and has zero rust on it. and I got 2 radiators I think but they are beat up from the floor up.I would have to see if they leak.I am going aftermarket so they are going to get taken for free to a good home or scraped in the future.

Comment

Are the tanks you have two row or three row? three ar emore desirable, especially if you live in a HOT climate or want to add A/C

Mark

Comment

sorry, I have not been able to get to the radiators as of yet.and I dont know if they are 3 or more to tell you the truth but I will look/take pix for you if you like

Comment

Working...
                X