Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'60 Lark VI four-door: Are there stock-looking side view mirrors that upgrade the originals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: '60 Lark VI four-door: Are there stock-looking side view mirrors that upgrade the originals?

Just bought a '60 Lark VI that is ivory in color and four doors. I love the round side view mirror appearance, but they don't do much for actual safety at that 3-4" diameter. Does anyone know of an upgrade that wouldn't detract from the appearance?

Thanks
    Brian

The only thing I have seen to the original style mirrors is what Studebaker International now offers for the right side. It has a wider view lens like modern cars (convex?) & may have the warning on it "things may be closer than they appear". I personally havent seen one yet. Any other changes made such as size wouldnt give the same appearance & would detract (IMPO). Although they may be smaller compared to cars made today, I have never felt "unsafe" driving with them. Remember too, that when these were built, the outside mirrors were an option.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I put these on my 63 Daytona - look and work great, and the price is right.

Comment

If you can deal with non stock, 69 chevelle mirrors are non denominitaional and can be had on e bay at times a bout 40.00 pr. Nice looking mirrors. They look very good on 59- 60 Larks. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks, guys! Both of these look like great solutions!

Comment

Originally posted by pdrnec View Post
            I put these on my 63 Daytona - look and work great, and the price is right.

Forgot to mention, while these have the look of the Stude mirrors, they are more adjustable so you can actually use them to see behind you!

Comment

My 8 car has the mirror on the door- terrible to use. My 6 car has it mounted on the fender- way better. I imagine the door mount is "proper stock" but when I repaint the 8 car it too will have a fender mounted mirror.

Comment

Working...
              X