Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water baffle reproduction for 1929-37 straight 8 - want one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by garyash View Post
    Bob:
    Ernie is doing the distribution pipe for the 1938-42 President engines that had the water pump in the front. Very different item!
    Yep, Gary; different item entirely. I just remembered seeing something like that he was doing over a year ago at Phoenix/Glendale. BP

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied
    Bob:
    Ernie is doing the distribution pipe for the 1938-42 President engines that had the water pump in the front. Very different item!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Have you checked with Ernie Loga, Gary? 'Seems like he was doing something like this, but I believe it/they were the internal water distribution tubes.

'Might check, though, so as to avoid reinventing the wheel....or perhaps Ernie would like to add that item to his line, if it was he doing it. BP

Leave a comment:

• Water baffle reproduction for 1929-37 straight 8 - want one?

I need to make a couple of water baffles for the 1937 President straight 8's I am rebuilding for the Indy car project. As long as I am doing it, I might as well make some extras for other people. The originals are lightly spot welded into the outer housing, assembly p/n 167040, and have a semicircular groove stamped in them all the way around. Without expensive tooling, I can't make the groove, but flat ones should work OK. I'll have them laser cut and make the slight bend in the middle flaps.

I will be ordering a batch this week. If you want one or more, let me know quickly. Price is $25 each plus shipping. They will fit the small straight 8 from 1929-37.

Working...
X