1955 Studebaker President Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 1955 Studebaker President Coupe

I am trying to get this car right. Someone had put a dodge engine in it and Iw went back to a 63 Lark V8. I have two issues I am tryint to solve. One: I am currently using a bowed rod connecting the gas pedal to the bell crank. The geometry is off. Which rod should I use? Second: the transmission crossmember was missing and I was able to secure a replacement thanks to a true gentleman, Dick Steincamp. Someone placed the emergency brake stop right under the gas pedal. Bad move. Where does it go? Where do you find plugs forthe floorboard. No rust, just one missing.
    My thanks to all and I am serious about getting the car working well.
    Thanks,
    John

I take it the car is an automatic? Originally a DG250, but are you using the 63 lark tranny, too? The emerg brake should be on a handle under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Plugs for the floor boards: Like for the master cylinder and tranny fluid hole? The old DG250 didn't have a dip stick, but the newer lark tranny probably does. Those cover plates are cheap from Classic Enterprises or Studebaker International. Good luck. Say Hi to Dick for us!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Yes it is automatic. Can you buy parts to change it to modern style. I am looking for floor plugs about 3/8". Lots of small problems and very few answers.
      John

Comment

Well, is it the Lark tranny? That would be different than the original tranny. Complete rubber kits are available for your car from Stude Int'l. If you can get the body parts catalogue and the chassis parts catalogue, they have technical drawings and can give you part #'s for all your needs. Reprints are always on eBay and Stude vendors have them, too. Posting pictures can be a challenge, but well worth it for the responses they bring.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Problem solved. I heated the rod and bent it in the opposite direction with many measurements etc and it works great.
          Thanks,
          JOhn

Comment

Working...
          X