Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which water pump is correct for R2 Lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmijim8
    replied
    Yes they are

I have been hypeing thes as a great fit for c and k. Probably most 53 and up cars. jimmijim
    Originally posted by Paul Keller View Post
    Jim,
    Are those Lincoln/Merc/Ford Vic' wheels on the car in your post pic'?
    Paul TK

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    I don't know right offhand which vendors. I will be restocked in a week or so as we sold every one we had at Springfield. Basically we all buy from the same wholesale supplier though. Check with someone out in your end of the country like Fairborn. Or I can sell you one as soon as they come in.
    Originally posted by studefan View Post
    Frank, who are the vendors that you mentioned? SI doesn't have them. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    Frank, who are the vendors that you mentioned? SI doesn't have them. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Paul Keller
    replied
    Jim,
    Are those Lincoln/Merc/Ford Vic' wheels on the car in your post pic'?
    Paul TK

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    V-8 water pumps are now once again available from some of us vendors in the non-Avanti version. They have the webbing and a larger bearing for longer life. Essentially they are an Avanti pump with non -Avanti shaft and flange.

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    a 1/8 inch spacer between the fan clutch and water pump flange made an Avanti pump fit mu GT Hawk The snout on the pump was just a tad long for the piolot hole in the Hawk OEM fan clutch. I ain't Lion jimmijim

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    started a topic Cool/Heat: Which water pump is correct for R2 Lark?

Which water pump is correct for R2 Lark?

Gang,

I am thinking about buying another water pump for my 1964 R2 Lark. The current water pump is new and was mounted on the rebuilt engine before I purchased it. Recently, someone looking at the car said I should have the "heavy duty" water pump that has a few stiffeners around the perimeter. Mine does not have those stiffeners.

I called Studebaker International and they said they only sell two types:

1) Standard V8 water pumps.
    2) Avanti heavy duty water pumps.

They said that the Avanti water pumps won't work on the Larks as the snout length is longer and that the fan would hit the radiator if mounted on a Lark.

So, what type of water pumps did R2 Larks have? And, is the water pump I currently have on the car appropriate?

Thanks, Jeff
Working...
X