X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
    Sell the old one as a core, buy a brand new never been rebuilt unit from Studebaker International. Otherwise, who knows how many times yours has been rebuilt, AND if is was ever done right!!

Jim
    I could not agree more. I've gone through 3 units in 5 years. I bought a Brand new one from SI this past spring in South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    Sell the old one as a core, buy a brand new never been rebuilt unit from Studebaker International. Otherwise, who knows how many times yours has been rebuilt, AND if is was ever done right!!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    I had mine professionally remanufactured with a 3 year warranty. 2 weeks turn-around. Great brakes. 200.00 jimmijim

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    started a topic Brakes: Hydrovac

Hydrovac

When I got my '55 president state sedan, the hydravac unit had been bypassed. I assume it was on the fritz, or they didnt' know how to monkey with it. Are kits available to rebuild them (I'll assume there is, as they are still used on a lot of big trucks). Anything special about them. I seem to remember reading in one of the shop manuals a long time ago about rebuilding them, but was too lazy to go upstairs to get one of them & I wanted to find someone who's already done it to know how much of a pain it really is.
    thanks,
    Mike Sal
Working...
X