Hydrovac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Hydrovac

When I got my '55 president state sedan, the hydravac unit had been bypassed. I assume it was on the fritz, or they didnt' know how to monkey with it. Are kits available to rebuild them (I'll assume there is, as they are still used on a lot of big trucks). Anything special about them. I seem to remember reading in one of the shop manuals a long time ago about rebuilding them, but was too lazy to go upstairs to get one of them & I wanted to find someone who's already done it to know how much of a pain it really is.
    thanks,
    Mike Sal

I had mine professionally remanufactured with a 3 year warranty. 2 weeks turn-around. Great brakes. 200.00 jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Sell the old one as a core, buy a brand new never been rebuilt unit from Studebaker International. Otherwise, who knows how many times yours has been rebuilt, AND if is was ever done right!!

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
        Sell the old one as a core, buy a brand new never been rebuilt unit from Studebaker International. Otherwise, who knows how many times yours has been rebuilt, AND if is was ever done right!!

Jim
        I could not agree more. I've gone through 3 units in 5 years. I bought a Brand new one from SI this past spring in South Bend.
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X