Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Master cylinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Master cylinder question

Working on the 57 Provincial (finally). Car is getting complete new brakes- all new shoes, wheel cylinders, hoses, lines, and master.

Am currently looking for a master cylinder. I want to stay with a bolt-on single master, stock-type. My understanding is that a Wagner PN 2796 will fit (from Nate's site). Looking around I found a new one for a good price. However, the number shows as F2796. Is this the same? What does the 'F' denote?

A forum search did not turn up an answer to this, at least that I could find.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

P.S. I did recall the below thread, but I'm not sure it answers my specific question:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...or-Disk-Brakes

Or maybe Warren did. Clarification?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Same thing Bob. Some are U2796{united} give me a call. I bought 2 for the price of one. Fork truck parts supplier. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I've got two new ones on the shelf over at my shop- I'll try to remember to look at the boxes when I head over there a bit later today if you'd like...
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Dave, but jimmijim hooked me up with the info. Should be all set- at least for now!
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Question- What bore should this master be? We're thinking 1 1/8". Is this correct?
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Sat. AM bump- Can anyone help with that bore size?
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

2796 bore size = 1" jimmijim I ain't Lion
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bore size is 1".

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

So what size do I need for this car??
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

A bigger bore will give you a harder pedal push, but a shorter stroke.
                      (Unless you change your pivot point)

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      So what size do I need for this car??
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

1 inch bore

I ain't Lion jimmijim

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          Thanks Dave, but jimmijim hooked me up with the info. Should be all set- at least for now!
                          Good thing- 'cuz the box from NAPA had a different number on it,
                          as did the one from Studebakers NorthWest!!!

StudeDave '57
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks, all. I found prices for this master from $165 down to what I paid, which was $42 including shipping; quite a spread in maybe 15 minutes' worth of research. That's not CASO, that's just dilligence!
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Faso

Very good Bob. I'm tracking one now that's at 18.00. Frugal Arsse Studebaker Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X