Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

need measurement on 64 Daytona convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: need measurement on 64 Daytona convertible

I need the measurement from the top of the rear deck lid to the centre of the rearmost bar - I was given a measurement of 23 3/4 which is obviously wrong, at least according to the top kit that was purchased. There is no measurement provided in the shop manual (which I find rather odd, but whatever....)

Judy

Sounds like a never used or needed measurement, not too surprized it is not in the manual. Don't you have to have the Top off of the Car to measure from the decklid to the rearmost top bow?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Sounds like a never used or needed measurement, not too surprized it is not in the manual. Don't you have to have the Top off of the Car to measure from the decklid to the rearmost top bow?
      It may come to that, except that the new kit rear curtain is taller than the old rear curtain, so it's going to have to be altered before installing anyway. Would like to be absolutely certain.....

Comment

27 inches.

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
        55 Speedster (in work)
        63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
        64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
        64 Avanti R2 (completed)
        85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
        89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Working...
        X