63 lark carb or fuel pump problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 63 lark carb or fuel pump problems

i just bought a 1963 lark regal 2door with a 259 auto with no overdrive. it seems to sound like it is starving for fuel when taking off from a being stopped. i have noticed the fuel filter right before the carb is always full when the engine is cold but when the car is warmed up it is only a 1/4 full. the carb is a rochester 2 jet (rebuild). i am thinking of getting a inline fuel pump and a new carb and was wonder which ones work best with these engines.

Welcome Travis, to the SDC Forum and the Studebaker Drivers Club, you can join at a first time discount at the top of these pages, Welcome!

Using that Manifold, what works best is the correct original Stromberg Model WW 6-130, 2 Barrel. Rebuilds can be bought from Studebaker Vendors at: studebakervendors.com in particular: Dave Thibeault at 978 897 3158 in MA USA.

For a bigger improvement, what many are using is a machined, re-drilled Stock 2 Brl. Intake Manifold to accept a AFB Clone Edelbrock 500 cfm
    4 Brl. which is available New.

I would test the fuel pump pressure and replace the mechanical one if needed, before fooling with a Electric fuel pump, it should not be needed.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-22-2011, 09:28 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
    X