Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1950 starlite coupe workshop manuals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 starlite coupe workshop manuals?

Hello

Can anyone comment on these workshop manuals for 1950 starlite coupes?
    47-50 Chassis Parts and Illustrations Manual, 310 pgs by Studebaker including Champion & Commander

47-50 Body Parts and Illustrations Manual, 180 pgs by Studebaker including Champion & Commander

50 Shop manual for all Studebaker models, 272 pgs

51-52 Shop manual for all models, 286 pgs by Studebaker

I want to completely disassemble the body but would like to do it by the book if possible. Any recommendations - if any - on the above titles?

TIA

Both chassis and body parts manuals are almost necessary, as is the '50 shop manual. the last, 51-52 won't apply, the 50 is in a league by itself.

You can do it without the manuals, but once you use them you won't regret having them.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '60 Lark VI
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

The manuals are available in two forms. You can get reproduction bound copies just like the originals or you can get them all on one CD-Rom. The paper manuals are $60.00 for all three books as a package deal or $19.95 on CD-Rom.

Everyone has their favorite way of keeping manuals. Many like having the actual book in their hands and others like me prefer the CD-Rom. You can't go wrong either way. As most vendors list their parts by the Studebaker part number, these are almost mandatory to have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

thanks for this. Where do I buy the CD rom? I prefer to print out what I need so I don't worry about ruining a printed book...

Comment

oops - one other thing. I also have a 53 starlite coupe. Are they different to the '50 or will the '50 books be accurate for that also?

thx

Comment

You'll need seperate books/discs for the '53's. There is almost nothing that interchanges between the cars. Go to the Studebaker International website, or just about any other Studebaker vendor and they should carry anything you need. I bought mine from http://www.ClaasicManuals.net, but there appears to be a problem on the website right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

You'll need seperate books/discs for the '53's. There is almost nothing that interchanges between the cars. Go to the Studebaker International website, or just about any other Studebaker vendor and they should carry anything you need. I bought mine from http://www.ClaasicManuals.net, but there appears to be a problem on the website right now.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by oliver

[quote]Originally posted by Swifster

Thanks Tom, I actually have a 52 not a 53. you probably think I'm crazy thinking a totally different body style would have the same manual - I just fat fingered the typing last night.

I emailed http://www.ClassicManuals.net to let them know their db died and also just joined the Stude club.

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome, Oliver.
                  With two Starlights, you can hardly be a newbie. Tell us more.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Welcome, Oliver.
                    With two Starlights, you can hardly be a newbie. Tell us more.

Brad Johnson
                    Hello Brad,
                    I've been collecting various tired Studes - none of them running - to make a good one. I also have International Harvesters, Jaguars an oldsmobile and a plymouth. I need psychological help!

Comment

quote:I need psychological help!
                      oh contraire! It is affirmation you solicit and, here, it is affirmation you shall receive! Anyone who has not immersed themselves in Studebakers is merely uninformed. It is their loss, your gain.[^]

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
                      X