Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    It would be a real easy decision for me, since by far the MAJORITY of '57's were Turquoise, it lasts longer, looks better, and discolors less, it would make no sense to paint it Silver.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    I'm not sure where, if anywhere, it is recorded when they went from turquoise to silver engine paint during the 1957 model year, but they did.

It may have been at different times for sixes and eights. IIRC, and this is a real stretch because I was only 11 years old at the time, it may have had something to do with the mid-year 1957 Scotsman being introduced, at least for the engine color change on sixes.

I don't ever remember seeing a 1957 Scotsman with a turquoise engine; IIRC, all were silver...again, however, I am open to being corrected on that. BP

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    S. Int'l has it: http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50001003a~Z5Z5Z5AAIMV~P1.00~~~~S38K0PH4J298741311250 f~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50001003a

also comes in quart cans.

Leave a comment:

• FlatheadGeo
    replied
    My 57 Champion has a flat six with the turquoise paint. The closest that I can get for a 'quick renew' is a Chrysler turquoise, you can not really notice the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Originally posted by studeski View Post
    SI shows turquoise as the engine color for 1957. Is that true for the flat head 6? I am working on a 57 Silver Hawk with the 185 - 6 cylinder. I don't see any turquoise paint.

Claude
    I have a friend with a 57 Golden Hawk. When we were doing the engine build we found that Studebaker used turquoise for the early year build and silver for the later year builds. His engine was silver.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    My '57 Champion has no engine in it, sorry.
    If yours has no turquoise it may have been gone over once before,
    or it may be a replacement motor someone painted wrong,
    or it may have come from a different car...

Leave a comment:

• studeski
    started a topic Engine: 1957 engine color

1957 engine color

SI shows turquoise as the engine color for 1957. Is that true for the flat head 6? I am working on a 57 Silver Hawk with the 185 - 6 cylinder. I don't see any turquoise paint.

Claude
Working...
X