Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Door Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Door Check

I got the door checks out of their zip-locks and went to install them, but the part that goes inside the door post- how does that attach to the post??
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

I don't have experience with C/Ks, but if the checks are anything like my Lark, they don't "attach" to the door. The strap slides inside the door and the rubber bumper absorbs the shock of full-open. Check out my blog how-to here: http://studeblogger.blogspot.com/201...our-doors.html

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Are you talking about the "recepticle" on the A post that the strap inserts into and then a pin drops through? Those are spot welded to the A post from the inside and don't normally come out/off.

Jeff in ND

Comment

I use a 1/4-20 stainless buttonhead to affix my door checks.

'53 Commander
        Art Morrison chassis
        LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

very good idea

thanks for sharing. jimmijim
          Originally posted by ralt12 View Post
          I use a 1/4-20 stainless buttonhead to affix my door checks.

sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

OK, I tried epoxying them back in, didn't work- not sure how/why they were removed. Anyway door post is painted...metal is double-thick...think I can plug weld these from the inside with some kind of heat sink on the outside, and not burn the paint?
            Or try to put a small screw from the inside, grind it flush on the door post and touch up?
            Gallivan
            57 Golden Hawk
            Golden, CO

Comment

Pictures? What isn't right?
              '53 Commander
              Art Morrison chassis
              LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

The "keepers"- the part that sticks thru the door posts have been removed- there are ears on the top and bottom that were spot welded to the inside of the door post. My door post has already been painted, so i was trying to re-attcah them without burning the paint
                Gallivan
                57 Golden Hawk
                Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
                X