1958 golden hawk trunk paint scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: 1958 golden hawk trunk paint scheme

I'm redoing a 58 Golden Hawk and was wondering if anyone might know the color grey the trunk is supposed to be and if the bottom of the lid should be grey or the body color. Also wondering about the colors of the metal supercharger madallion. Mine just says McCollough Supercharger and all the others I find are different. One more while I'm at it, what color is the fan blade supposed to be. Thanks!!

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
    I'm redoing a 58 Golden Hawk and was wondering if anyone might know the color grey the trunk is supposed to be and if the bottom of the lid should be grey or the body color. Also wondering about the colors of the metal supercharger madallion. Mine just says McCollough Supercharger and all the others I find are different. One more while I'm at it, what color is the fan blade supposed to be. Thanks!!
    WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

If you don't know the answer, you'd darn better well know where to find it!"

So to "findPaint Production Book, P-5800

Comment

I have a Packard Hawk. Studebaker Int. sells stickers to go over the McCollough name. I had a Studebaker sticker on mine and switched it to Packard. As far as under the trunk mine is painted grey also. i believe they left it primer color but, don't quote me. Welcome to the world of Studebakers.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead007 View Post
        I have a Packard Hawk. Studebaker Int. sells stickers to go over the McCollough name. I had a Studebaker sticker on mine and switched it to Packard. As far as under the trunk mine is painted grey also. i believe they left it primer color but, don't quote me. Welcome to the world of Studebakers.

The term I've heard for the trunk color is grunge, sort of a dirty grey. For some reason, my 57 Golden was painted body color from the factory though.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03595.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1668238 Here are shots of my trunk & supercharger. As far as what type of grey its anyone guess. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03594.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1668237
          Attached Files

Comment

story I heard was that leftover paint of any kind could be thrown into the hopper used to paint the insides of the trunks... so the color may very well have varied. However, the color that I've seen most often is a pinkish-grey that looks dead on to the color used on the interior window surrounds on my '55 coupe.

nate
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

also heard the term "greige" mix of grey and beige. My '57 trunk definitely has some brown or beige in the paint mix. I used a mix I found on this site, and it's too grey
              Gallivan
              57 Golden Hawk
              Golden, CO

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead007 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9430[/ATTACH]<<<As far as what type of grey its anyone guess.
                No need to 'guess' ...it would be Studebaker's "STRATA GRAY PRIMER-SURFACER"
                Studebaker paint symbol: KFG
                Studebaker's paint number: 8859
                Studebaker's paint supplier: Dupont Company

Studebaker's Engineering Dept. instructions were to paint quote:

"Rear Compartment
                Entire Inside Surfaces of Rear Compartment, Rear Compartment Door Inside, Rear Compartment Door Weather Channel, Jack Support in Rear Compartment" (C & K models only)

Comment

Working...
                X