Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son O Lark
    replied
    Loosen the two bolts on the tie rod (Turnbuckle?) and get a large adjustable pliers or pipe wrench and turn it. Using a tape measure you should be able to get it close. Jack Vines is right, it is not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Toe in is such rocket science it can be set on the garage floor with a tape measure. Back in the CASO days, we always set our own toe-in before we took it to a shop to have caster and camber set. Any shop who says they can't set toe-in just doesn't want to be bothered with your old junk.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    What Bob said!
    A dedicated alignment shop should be able to set you straight (or 3/32" in). A tire and wheel store, even with their computerized equipment, will be unlikely to have the experience, or desire, to make your tires last as long as they could.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    I assume the front suspension is in decent shape so I don't know why they would have a problem. Find a good alignment shop and go to them. Here in this small town of 35,000, we have a shop that has been in business for 40+ years, he looked over my Avanti a while back and said no problem but the suspension needed rebuilding, which I did. Took it back and two hours later it left his shop with everything the way it was speced.

Just look for a shop with some experience and possibly advertise they do trucks also. Best to visit them with the manual and they will quickly recognize the suspension if they can do it. You just need a shop that makes it's money from alignments.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RHO
    started a topic Steering: Front Toe-in

Front Toe-in

'55 President right front tire points out slightly. Been to two national tire and wheel places and both say they cannot adjust the toe-in. I didn't get a real good explanation other than it wasn't made like the preponderous of chevies and fords. Can anyone provide me a clue of what might be unique for adjusting the Studebaker? Both places had the Service Manual to consult.

Thanks
Working...
X