Duracool Refrigerant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Duracool Refrigerant

Has anyone used a refrigerant called Duracool I have used this refrigerant in my older and newer cars and have been very impressed with it's performance, like to get some feedback.
    Joseph Kastellec

Is it R134a? Similar to freeze 12, Hfc 142?
    Should say on the can somewhere.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
      Has anyone used a refrigerant called Duracool I have used this refrigerant in my older and newer cars and have been very impressed with it's performance, like to get some feedback.
      A quick look at the MSDS sheet would indicate that it is a hydrocarbon based compound, like LPG, not a chlorinated nor fluorinated product.

No reason it should not work as a refrigerate but it is darn flammable and don't let anyone mix it with normal refrigerants like freons or 134a as it will probably contaminate the heck out of a recovery system.

I think there were some issues in the past but I'm not into heavy Googleing tonight.

Bob

Comment

Yes it will work, BUT it's a blend, and by law should have service fitting unique for Duracool only. the company offers fitting that are for 134a (there is ta tell- tell sign) Years ago when only R12 was used, the waste in manufacturing it, was used to make a lot of different products, flush for one, and egg carton another. But the waste in manufacturing 134a is added to other chemicals so as to be able to sale it to folks looking for a cheap repair job. In the long run you always get what you pay for. AS Bob stated when blends are used, there is a great chance that some ones recovery machine will be contaminated. Your car, your money, just be careful it could bang.

Comment

Working...
        X