Master Cylinder on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Master Cylinder on ebay.

Hi there everyone, I'm still looking for a master cylinder for my car (64 Commander, drum brakes.). Now I was scrolling through ebay and found this master cylinder which looks almost exactly like mine only thing different is the top. The rest looks the same as the old one.

These are for 65-66 Commanders. Is there a way this master cylinder could work? even with Modification. If not, no big deal. I need to fix this cause I need to drive my stude to school

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maste...#ht_1878wt_958

I think you're good to go..

Comment

It looks like the one on my '64 Daytona!

Comment

It will fit just fine, the sellers do not know it is the same as all '64 models with Drum Brakes and no power assist.

What I would be very careful of, is it's INTERNAL condition, be sure to check inside to be sure the bore is smooth, pit and rust free and the rubber cups are all still soft, clean and lube it well with the fluid of your choice that will be used in the system; DOT 3,4 or Dot 5 Silicone.

This unit is about 46 years old and I would not use the internal parts in my car, so be careful. It really should have a fresh new rebuild kit installed.

Newer Master cylinders ARE available that are not NOS like this one, but replacements like the one you have for a AMC Car with the bailwire clips to hold the cover.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Where would I be able to get the rebuild kit for that particular master cylinder?

Thanks for all the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

Sorry, but that option may be quite hard to come by now. There may be a few Studebaker Vendors with NOS kits, but again some will probably be fairly old.
            The rebuilt units for AMC Matador and Ambassador with drum brakes are cheaper than a repair Kit, when you can find them.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Drum brakes, Lark dual circuit 64-66, not powered? Then that would be part # 1561611
              Available for $135 from Studebaker International. As pointed out, the ones from Ebay would likely have to be rebuilt anyway. There are similar units, such as the AMC. ISTR offhand that the AMC parts for front and rear lines are reversed from the Studebaker unit.
              Last edited by Jim B PEI; 05-30-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X