Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible donor chassis for Transtar project? ('51 Ford F-150)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Possible donor chassis for Transtar project? ('51 Ford F-150)

Just got an '81 Ford F-150 Trailer Special pickup. Body has rust and dent issues, otherwise solid truck.

I just got to thinking today, would this be a good donor chassis for a late '50s Transtar cab & bed? Anyone try one like it?

Originally posted by mausersmth View Post
    Just got an '81 Ford F-150 Trailer Special pickup. Body has rust and dent issues, otherwise solid truck.

I just got to thinking today, would this be a good donor chassis for a late '50s Transtar cab & bed? Anyone try one like it?

It has been done. I spoke with a gentleman that has a 54-56 C-cab on an early 80's Ford chassis and running gear when I was looking for a C-cab. I have never seen the truck in person but the pics looked pretty nice. In talking with him it seemed like the swap wasnt that difficult but I really didnt get that much information since I was looking for a basically stock truck. I will check tonight and see if I saved the pictures he sent me or his E-mail address. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't see an '81 Ford chassis as a huge step up from the Stude. Lot of work and expense and when complete, half of what makes it a Stude is forever gone.

The next buyer might be like Steve and see it as lowered in value
      I really didnt get that much information since I was looking for a basically stock truck.
      jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Working...
      X