X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidValk View Post
    What should I expect to pay for rechroming pot metal? Most of mine is good but there are a few pieces (ex. drivers mirror) that are pretty well pitted.

Thanks,
    David
    I do not know what your car is, but there are reproduction exterior mirrors for most postWar models that would be much cheaper than restoring a "well pitted" original.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidValk View Post
    What should I expect to pay for rechroming pot metal? Most of mine is good but there are a few pieces (ex. drivers mirror) that are pretty well pitted.

Thanks,
    David
    David, prices are all over the place for pot metal restoration. Here is an earlier post--
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=re-plating

Leave a comment:

• DavidValk
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    Eagle 1 Never Dull is great for your stainless. Try 0000 steel wool along with WD 40 04 oil on bumpers and potmetal. Wipe thoroughly afterwards.. Follow this with Eagle 1 Never Dull then the paste wax of your choice. For future maintenance use Never Dull then wax. I ain't Lion. jimmijim

Thanks,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Just a small correction in spelling, in case anyone is ordering any online:
    It's SIMICHROME, as in "similar to chrome". Great stuff.

I'm usually not picky about spelling, but if anyone's searching for it online they should get the best results and price. You can get it at any motorcycle shop and many auto stores.

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    Works for me

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
    Is there any new products that can give chorme trim a new lease on life ?, or some old products that you forget to use over the years ?
    Eagle 1 Never Dull is great for your stainless. Try 0000 steel wool along with WD 40 04 oil on bumpers and potmetal. Wipe thoroughly afterwards.. Follow this with Eagle 1 Never Dull then the paste wax of your choice. For future maintenance use Never Dull then wax. I ain't Lion. jimmijim
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 05-28-2011, 03:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G T Joe
    replied
    I have to agree Wenol, and Semi-chorme, are the best I have also found, I am working on my brand X project and it has a lot of stainless trim , and it's very time consumeing , I have used a 3M rubbing compound with a a hi-speed buffer and it works, but you are limited to certain area's , and depends on paint condition.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Votel
    replied
    Bon-Ami cleanser. . . .not sure if I recommend it or want to forget it!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Wenol and Semichrome are the best two I've ever found.

Leave a comment:

• G T Joe
    started a topic Body / Glass: Chorme Polish

Chorme Polish

Is there any new products that can give chorme trim a new lease on life ?, or some old products that you forget to use over the years ?
Working...
X