Convertible Top on a 1963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Convertible Top on a 1963

I'm back again. I got the gas cap off and replaced and such. But now I need to know where to resevoir for the top would be located so I can add fluid to the convertible top. So if you could just tell me where it is located that would be much appreciated. And also a recommentdation or using brake fluid for the top or using something else. Thanks, Aaron

Hi Its on the side , A good size regular screw driver should do the trick But you may need a" NEW" oil can to put in as it is not to easy to access , I Only use castrol LMA brake fluid and don't forget the brake fluid will destroy paint Hope this helps , Ed

Comment

Thanks. That was the last step in getting the car back to full working order. It runs great now. Thanks again.

Comment

You may consider flushing the system out with rubbing alcohol a few times & refill with transmission fluid. I changed the pump on my 60 which I found is the same pump down to the color & ends of the wiring on the newer Mustangs & Sebrings & used trans fluid which is used on modern convertibles. No fear of paint damage either.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X