No announcement yet.

Convertible Top on a 1963

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Other: Convertible Top on a 1963

    I'm back again. I got the gas cap off and replaced and such. But now I need to know where to resevoir for the top would be located so I can add fluid to the convertible top. So if you could just tell me where it is located that would be much appreciated. And also a recommentdation or using brake fluid for the top or using something else. Thanks, Aaron

  • #2
    Hi Its on the side , A good size regular screw driver should do the trick But you may need a" NEW" oil can to put in as it is not to easy to access , I Only use castrol LMA brake fluid and don't forget the brake fluid will destroy paint Hope this helps , Ed


    • #3
      Thanks. That was the last step in getting the car back to full working order. It runs great now. Thanks again.


      • #4
        You may consider flushing the system out with rubbing alcohol a few times & refill with transmission fluid. I changed the pump on my 60 which I found is the same pump down to the color & ends of the wiring on the newer Mustangs & Sebrings & used trans fluid which is used on modern convertibles. No fear of paint damage either.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto