rose mist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: rose mist

my armrests are in need of a color renew, has anyone ever found a vinyl dye in rose mist
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

What part of Houston do you live in? I know some good interior guys in NW Houston, who might be able to come up with something to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
      my armrests are in need of a color renew, has anyone ever found a vinyl dye in rose mist
      Just a thought if you can't find another source. Leatherique can match any color you can send them but they sell dyes for leather. I don't know if they will work with vinyl. You might give them a call to see.

I sent them a leather sample from my 83 Avanti and the color match was right on.

Bob

Comment

Leather dye works well too.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
          What part of Houston do you live in? I know some good interior guys in NW Houston, who might be able to come up with something to help you.
          I live in NE houston, so NW is definately do-able
          Mark Riesch
          New Bern, NC

Comment

Let me dig up the name.

Comment

You want to talk to Mr. Galvez. He and his brother sew up a lot of interiors and they started in Piedras Negras, back in the 50's. They can recover your arm rests, if they can find the right material. From the way they explained it to me, you have to use a special vinyl to do them with. It is very thin, because if you try to recover them with regular vinyl, it will be too thick and it gets bends in it . Anyway,

Galvez Auto Trim and Furniture Upholstery
              4605 Palo Pinto
              Houston, Tex 77041

281-914-3850

He has a shop behind his house. And, when you go back to Clay Rd., you will see Javier's Auto, who builds Corvette powered rock crawlers from scratch, and is a good Studebaker mechanic, and next door to him, is Independent Paint and Body. They are great at what they do. They all know each other, and work together on getting a car done.

Comment

Chuck, have you ever seen a '63 to '66 foam arm rest? What you are suggesting would work on a '53 to '61 type with a removable pad with Vinyl covering, but later ones are colored Foam and way too curvy to cover, they MUST be painted.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Oh, they did my 62. Maybe that is why they were able to fix them. Call him, he may have a source on paint. They did paint some other things.

Comment

Working...
                  X