Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynn fletcher
    replied
    I have found a set of 6 wheels. They are 22.5 rims , 6 bolt on about 8" circle. Price is $30 each. Any one interested? They are to big for my truck.
    250 494 1699.

Leave a comment:

• lynn fletcher
    replied
    Thanx They are 6 bolt, I did not know about the off set problem. I talked to an I H C parts supplier in Spokane Wash. he will make wheels up but only in single rears. They weld a tubeless rim to a lazer cut center. I did not think the truck would look nice that way. I may have to change the axles up to 8 bolt. Which would be OK as I get disc brakes and a ready supply of wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Stude Ranch
    replied
    You didn't say whether you had the 8 bolt or the old military 6 bolt. Studes, Dodge, Ford, IHC all used the what I call Military 6 bolt; depending on make, into the 50's or 60's. I thought Stude went 8 bolt in 57, Dodge in about 64. If we could find the new tubeless wheels in the 6 bolt pattern, I would like that, but I have looked for about 20 years and have had no luck. So you may be stuck finding some better split rims. On dualls you will need to watch the offset, as some of the older ones could only a accomidate a 6.50-16, and not a 7.50-16. ,that is unless you want the smaller tires. David

Leave a comment:

• lynn fletcher
    replied
    Thanx for the reply's . I'm on the hunt for a Dodge motor home, They have to be useful for some thing. I've only found 8 bolt ones so far.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    It might be worthwhile to post your question here as well:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/

There are several people who post regularly there that are truck wheel experts. Stude bought their truck wheels from the same maufacturers supplying other truck builders.

Leave a comment:

• JohnM15
    replied
    Although a different truck (mine is a 1948 M15A-20), I bought rims off ebay. I am now in the process of stripping and painting them. I am mounting 8R19.5 on them.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Without seeing the rust on your wheels, it is impossible to determine if it is just ugly or is dangerous. I had my wheels sandblasted and powder coated.

There were several Dodge-chassis motor homes up through the 1980s which have one-piece dual wheels, both 16" and 17.5", which will fit your truck. It's just a matter of finding a wrecking yard which has them. Here locally, there was recently an ad on craigslist offering a motorhome with these wheels on it free to anyone who would haul it away.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• lynn fletcher
    replied
    My truck is on 16" wheels. Heavy rust is developing in the rivited aeras between the centers and the rim. Local tire store wont touch them. I'm planning to use the truck daily. Thanx

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    It would be helpful to know what size wheels you have now. 16 x 5.5"? I believe 17.5" tubeless rims were also available that year.

Leave a comment:

• lynn fletcher
    started a topic Wheels / Tires: 1956 1-ton duals

1956 1-ton duals

I would like to replace the split rims on my truck with one piece wheels. What do you suggest?
Working...
X