• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob54
    replied
    I appreciate your reply. Thanks
    Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
    If the gauge is now set up for a 12 volt sender you will have to get the resistance value needed from the company that did the work or have them furnish the proper universal sender. If the gauge is still set up to use 6 volts, and the vehicle is 12 volt, you must use a 6 volt sender with a "Runz" voltage reducer attached at the gauge. That is the best answer I can give with the info you have furnished.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    If the gauge is now set up for a 12 volt sender you will have to get the resistance value needed from the company that did the work or have them furnish the proper universal sender. If the gauge is still set up to use 6 volts, and the vehicle is 12 volt, you must use a 6 volt sender with a "Runz" voltage reducer attached at the gauge. That is the best answer I can give with the info you have furnished.

Leave a comment:

• Bob54
    started a topic Fuel System: Fuel Sending Unit

Fuel Sending Unit

Hello,
    I need some info please. I have a 54 Commander Starlight Coupe. The stude engine is long gone. I had a SBC installed with a 700R4 Trans. All gauges were cleaned and caibrated for the new set up and the conversion to 12V. Now I am getting a bit of a run around as to which sending unit to use. Any suggestion, considerations. Obviously, not mechanically inclined here.
    Thanks
Working...
X