Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: '64 Daytona Windshield Needed

Hello,
    I'm looking to replace the cracked windshield in my '64 Daytona sedan. As I understand the wagons and convertibles had a different windshield???

Anyway, I'm in the Southern California area. If anyone has a lead I would greatly appreciated it. Used is fine, - even slight blemishes. The new windshields on Ebay are WAY TOO Much (for me)! I already have the rubber gasket.

Thanks,Tom
    Last edited by wittsend; 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking to replace the cracked windshield in my '64 Daytona sedan. As I understand the wagons and convertibles had a different windshield???

Thanks,Tom
    That info is correct. 64-66 sedans the same. Also 64 hardtop. Bob from Castro Valley should be ringing in soon...
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I don't know where you are, but there are some good ones in the middle tennessee area for a good price but the guy is unwilling to ship them.

Comment

I have some but you might want to check with Bill Oliver in Long Beach.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by beatnik64 View Post
          I don't know where you are, but there are some good ones in the middle tennessee area for a good price but the guy is unwilling to ship them.
          Originally posted by wittsend View Post
          Anyway, I'm in the Southern California area. Thanks,Tom
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I worked in a body shop a few years ago that also had a glass shop. They purchased most of their auto glass from a company called Migrant (not sure if the spelling is right). Call one of the local glass shops in your area & ask them if they get their glass from there & if they can see if a windshield is available. I have dealt with Tri Cities Glass in Carson (310) 830-2410 & ask for Kim. Tell her Warren formally of Scott Robinson referred you. She knows her stuff & wont steer you wrong.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

AUTO GLASS FOR ANTIQUE AND CLASSICS 573-785-1927 I got a windshield for my Silver Hawk when I was at the Iowa Annual Meet. I found him very good, and resonable. They do have a lot of windshilds for our Studes. Evan
              Evan Severson

Comment

For the best deal on new replacement glass: STUDEBAKER GLASS & RUBBER champparts@msn.com Thay have all of the Stude glass & even sold me a w/s for my Edsel.
                Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                X