Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on sill panels and front door sill plate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Need advice on sill panels and front door sill plate.

I need some clarification on some parts. I have a '60 Hawk body. I went to SI looking for "sill panels". I found the part #'s 1343776 & 1343777 for '53-64 C bodies. All well and fine. I then looked at my '59-'64 body parts catalog. I found
    a part # 1337298, Plate, front door sill. I am now confused. At the risk of sounding stupid, what am I looking at. Do I need both of these part numbers ? Am I comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges ? Any clarification is appreciated.

53 thru 57 is a large wide aluminum piece, with rows of dots and the 'Studebaker' logo in block script. 58-up is a smaller (about 1") polished stainless piece. no markings.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

The 1337298 parts you need are on Pg. 130 INTERIOR.

You found Rocker Panels in the Body Section, it says: "metal panel below the door".

One way to solve that problem is, look up the part in your Studebaker Parts Catalog, then go to the S.I. Numeric Index in the back, and find it's page number.

Comment

I think he did look in his Studebaker body parts book.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
          I think he did look in his Studebaker body parts book.
          Steven did that, YES. But without doing step #2, all that did is confuse him, because he also has found the wrong part in the S.I. Catalog "Body Section" instead of "Interior Section', Ed's groupings are similar to Studebaker's but not EXACTLY the same!

Easy mistake to make, that is why doing it as above will always work, if the Part is available.
          Last edited by (S); 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X