Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Duglee
    replied
    Thanks for the quick replies,I'm going to try a Edelbrock 1403.If anyone is interested in my old AFB its for sale.I also have a spare AFB but it sat on a shelf for 10yrs,it works but leaks like a sieve.$200 for both.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Edelbrock 1403 (electric choke) or 1404 (manual choke).

Make sure you have no ledges or sharp edges when going from the adapter to the manifold. Mine took some cleanup work to get rid of the ledges (or manifold that sticks out past the spacer).

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 03-16-2011, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    By all means, buy an Edelbrock 1405.

Then, put the older AFB in the Edelbrock box. I'll put in a FedEx call tag and get it out of your way, no charge.

Jack Vines

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    The vehicle not starting is due mostly to todays fuel makeup not so much the carburator that is on the car currently. The fuel simply evaporates. A new Edelbrock will exhibit the same problem after sitting a few days . A 500cfm Edelbrock is the best choice for the 289 engine. The electric pump you have should help bring fuel into the carb before startup.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Duglee
    started a topic Fuel System: Carb question?

Carb question?

Right now I'm using an older AFB on my 63 non-R 289 powered Hawk.I want to change to an Edelbrock but I'm not sure what size ? My engine has been bored 040 over & balanced, I use a Mallory Unilite distributor & I also use a electric vane style fuel pump with a pressure regulator.The carb sits on a Offenhauser intake manifold with an adapter plate.The old AFB works OK but the choke acts up & if the car sits for more than a day the gas in the carb disappears & its a bear to start...Be nice now.....Thanks ahead
Working...
X