No announcement yet.

Vintage Air Compressor Bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Vintage Air Compressor Bracket?

Vintage Air offers what appears to be a really well designed bracket for mounting their compressor on Studebaker V8's. For my application (no power steering) their part number is 151590-SSA. Car is a '58 President.

They have a nice set of installation instructions illustrated with drawings. The drawings show a partial flow filter can at the driver's side of the front of the engine, not the passenger side. The compressor is installed on the passenger side.

http://www.vintageair.com/DownloadsS...151590-SSA.pdf

Has anybody used this bracket on a partial flow V8 installation? If so, any clearance issues?

Thanks.
    Gil Zimmerman
    Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
    1956 Golden Hawk
    1958 Packard Hawk
    1958 President
    1963 Avanti R2

Purchased an adapter brkt a couple years ago from Vintage - It fitted great, but i decided to make my own brkt. Also, their crank pully is extra heavy (like in size & weight) and I will use a standard Stude' pulley. Vintage are great people to work with - Their catalog is a wealth of A/C info.
    Paul K

Comment

I've got one on my 62 GT Hawk, artial flow, and it works perfectly. I can't find the pictures right now, maybe Friday.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Looks like I will be proceeding with the project. I'm lucky, local shop folks who did the engine rebuild on this car are Stude enthusiasts, also experienced dealers/installers for Vintage Air.

Gil
        Gil Zimmerman
        Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
        1956 Golden Hawk
        1958 Packard Hawk
        1958 President
        1963 Avanti R2

Comment

I have installed this on the 57 wagon, and have been using it for several years now. It fits fine, moving the filter over is no big deal, I had to drill 1 new hole to align it to my satisfaction, and made up some new hard lines. The product is top notch, as is the dealer in Riverside, Mike and Willy down there were a big help in my install.
          sigpic
          Ross.
          Riverside, Ca.
          1957 Provincial X2
          1958 Transtar

Comment

Working...
          X