Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

61' Lark Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61' Lark Oil Filter

Hello, another question.

I am going to add an oil filter assembly to the 61' lark I am working on. This is the spin on filter cartridge setup that has a base that mounts on the engine block. This car didn't come with this option originally so I am not sure just exactly where the lines go into the block.

Does anyone have a picture they could
    show or e-mail that shows the line routing?

thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Are you going to search for a used filter assembly, or try to buy a new kit? The installation instruction sheet that came with a new kit is available from Dave Mottle. It doesn't have any illustrations, but does describe the installation very well.
    Two things to watch out for. There should be a restrictor fitting (about .043") on the pressure side, otherwise enough oil will flow through this system to cause a drop in oil pressure.
    Some of the early kits had an all aluminum base that would sometimes crack at the threads. Later ones have a threaded steel insert in the center.

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
    X