Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Getting to the ignition switch - 1965 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to the ignition switch - 1965 Daytona

Does anybody know if the under dash AC unit (stock) can be partially loosened and swung out of the way to get to the ignition switch on a 1965 Daytona? If not, can the unit be unbolted without having to take anything off the back like hoses, etc.?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

You should be able to unbolt it and let it rest on the transmission hump to work on the ignition switch, I have done it when I had a '66 cruiser. Make sure you unhook battery cable before attempting any work under the dash.The only things that are hooked to the unit are refrigerant hoses that are rubber and some wiring for the blower, all should have enough slack so you can lower it down.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
      X