No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: New member

I just purchased a 1950 4 dr Studebaker Champion? (Badges missing) The engine 169 cubic inch is Locked up tight. are there any rebuild shops for this Flathead six locally? (S.A.TX)

Rons Muffler works on them, I'll need to find his address for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks I hope its rebuildable dont many around for repacement

Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to the SDC Forum, and to the SDC. If you have not joined yet, you will appreciate getting the Monthly Publication, "TURNING WHEELS", which really seems to get BETTER every Month!

Look in your Private Messages I sent you the info hotwheels63r2 (S), refers to, the Inbox is found at the "Notifications" clickdown button at the top of the page.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

don't see many around for replacement

I don't know about your locale, but there are often 169 engines available for hauling. It seems many folks replace them with V8s.

If you ask here, you probably will find two or three. I know where there's one in Ohio, but that's too far for paying freight.

Comment

....or maybe SI has NOS fitted blocks still..

Comment

Yes, SI has bins full of blocks, don't know about all the hardware to go with them but they sure have the blocks.

Comment

FWIW- John's Salvage in Seguin has a couple of Stude V8's. Didn't ask about 6's, but he has several 50's, so maybe.
                John's not a computer guy, you can call him at 830 303 9300.
                Afterthought - maybe you bought it from John, he had a pretty good one.

Comment

You need to talk to this Studebaker Friend Mark Frank, Owner of MDS Engine Service 15156 S. IH-35 Bruceville, TX. 254-857-8545
                  Or would you like to buy another one? I have one in Harlingen, Tx
                  Last edited by railway; 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Welcome,and I have a low mile 1951 Sude Champion motor bellhousing and 3speed manual transmission that was running,when I took it out of a 51 Stude Champion. The miledge was 28,500 miles.I put it in my C cab truck for awhile and decieded to go to a V8. It sitting inside my shop on an engine stand waiting for someone who would need it.The transmission ovedrive is 6 volts. The engine and trans long block are in Washington state..

Comment

Working...
                    X