Bore size for stock Lark master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bore size for stock Lark master cylinder

Can anyone tell me the bore size for a stock single circuit M/C for standard (non-power) brakes for a 62 Lark? I want to change to a dual circuit aftermarket M/C and I assume I will want to stay with the same bore size. Thanks!

Just finished rebuilding mine a couple days ago, it's a 1 inch bore.
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Excellent. Thanks a lot. So if I go aftermarket, I should use the same bore size, correct?

Comment

I believe all drum brake Lark master cylinders were 1" with single or dual reservoir. If you're switching to an aftermarket system or disk brakes, I'd contact someone like Jim Turner who can point you in the right direction. http://www.turnerbrake.com/
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Yes stay with a 1" bore, use a 68 Mustang you will need to pay attention to the depth of the piston, and adjust the linkage between the pedal and the M/C accordingly. I cut a 1/4" off the linkage, drilled and tapped a 10/32 hole, then used a 10/32 button head allen and adjusted it that way. The original linkage is NOT adjustable.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
          X