Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight dont work properly

helow
    when im driving my studebaker lark 63 the haedlight working and somtimes stop working like flasing culd it be the regulator or somting else?
    thenk you

Your headlight circuit breaker is tripping. You either have a short or a weak breaker.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

thenk you
      first to put now breaker
      then i will se its hapend when the car is muving

Comment

Studebaker issued a service bulletin about this for your model. Seems some of the breakers were installed with the wrong size or just defective. Funny thing was that a lot of people did not experience the problem until 20 years later.

Comment

well then i have to find new breaker for my modell

Comment

If it's a recall! They are good forever!! LOL

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Geoff, The wrong circuit breaker bulletin was for four-headlight 1964 models that accidentally got a breaker for two-headlight models installed. Since this is a 1963 Lark, it wouldn't apply.

If a new breaker does not cure this, oforstudebaker, start looking for resistance at connections such as the dimmer switch. These can cause additional resistance, tripping the breaker no matter how good it is. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Also, look at all of the nuts and washers on the switches, and the circuit breaker itself, as leaking wiper gaskets can let moisture get to these parts, and increase resistance. From the school of hard knocks.

Comment

To amplify what Bob and Chuck just said: Be sure the switch itself is passing current properly as well. My (supposedly cleaned and refurbished) switch had such high resistance that it not only worked intermittently, it melted the insulator on the hot feed. Test that switch: put an ohm-meter on the H terminal and then test the other 3 terminals for resistance in all three positions. If there is any resistance in any position other than the "off" position, ditch that switch and get a new one!

And re: the moisture: not only the windshield gasket, but the gasket that seals the fresh air vent when it's closed. My dashboard is actually rusty underneath because of these things.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X