Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Keller
    replied
    My DuPont auto paint dealer was able to obtain the correct formula from the Stude' paint name, as stated above. Try another shop.
    Paul K

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Any GOOD Auto Body Paint and supply Store should know that the Studebaker Paint Name, Studebaker Paint Code, Paint Mfg's number etc. etc. for leaded single stage Baking Enamel of the 1964 era, are going to be useless with a Modern state of the art Base/Clearcoat acrylic finish system! Also the original Color chips on PAPER, mixing formulas etc.

PPG and Dupont do have conversion formulas that can come close, but a color matched "Sample" is still best.
    If you want useless numbers, here you go: Rinshed-Mason (RM) #64S51R and Stude. P-6418
    To carry on StudeRich's thought, most any good paint supplier has a scope that will give an excellent color match if you can find a non-faded part on the car. My Avanti was painted with base coat/clear coat some time in it's past with no reference to what was used. When to the local paint guys and the match was perfect including the metal size and distribution. I only painted the trunk lid and you can't tell which part was painted.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Any GOOD Auto Body Paint and supply Store should know that the Studebaker Paint Name, Studebaker Paint Code, Paint Mfg's number etc. etc. for leaded single stage Baking Enamel of the 1964 era, are going to be useless with a Modern state of the art Base/Clearcoat acrylic finish system! Also the original Color chips on PAPER, mixing formulas etc.

PPG and Dupont do have conversion formulas that can come close, but a color matched "Sample" is still best.
    If you want useless numbers, here you go: Rinshed-Mason (RM) #64S51R and Stude. P-6418

Leave a comment:

• valleyguy
    replied
    Try this
    http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorli...baker-pg02.jpg

Joe D.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHawk
    started a topic 1964 Bordeaux Rec paint code

1964 Bordeaux Rec paint code

I'm getting ready to paint an engine compartment, and when I call around to local paint suppliers, I ask if they can mix a '64 Stude color. All of them ask for a paint code. Paint code or we don't even want to talk to you.

OK, so if I want paint, I've got to play their game. So does anyone have a code for Bordeaux Red, or know where I can obtain such?

Thanks,
    Larry
Working...
X