No announcement yet.

1964 Bordeaux Rec paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you saying Bruce? You mean they were able to cross that over somehow to their colors and numbers using that Studebaker number. For a "house paint store" that somehow does not sound right! I know they now do make some Automotive Enamels (finishes) but aren't they only sold Wholesale, but not in the "House Paint, Carpet and Linoleum Stores"?

Yessum.....
    http://tinyurl.com/6d3sgqk

Sherwin Williams also now has an automotive section, so they do supply automotive finishes . It should also be noted that they only list two colors for 63 and four colors for 64, so I cannot get any Bermuda Brown Metallic from their catalogs yet .

Their 63 and 64 stocks:
    http://tinyurl.com/4kzhecr
    http://tinyurl.com/4ulvba5
    Last edited by PlainBrownR2; 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM.
    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Omaha Orange...interesting priority.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        What are you saying Bruce? You mean they were able to cross that over somehow to their colors and numbers using that Studebaker number. For a "house paint store" that somehow does not sound right! I know they now do make some Automotive Enamels (finishes) but aren't they only sold Wholesale, but not in the "House Paint, Carpet and Linoleum Stores"?
        Apparently S/W has made automotive paints for sometime, the auto parts store I frequent (Yakima Grinding) has carried this line for many years. The counter guy in the paint dept. is awesome, and can answer almost any question I have. The base coat was formulated only in a less expensive line, but is totally compatible with the ni$e S/W clear (it looks really good!).

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
          Omaha Orange...interesting priority.
          That is an easy one, it is used on all other makes for State Road Dept. Trucks, safety railings you name it! No surprise there!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

There are a couple of ironic haha's on the Sherwin Williams website I should make mention of...
            At the moment if you search for all Studebaker colors it will only return maybe a little more than a dozen colors, and most of them are the solid basic colors. That's most likely why Omaha Orange is in that mix, it's a pretty simple color. They aren't offering the metallic colors yet for the Studebakers, which I alluded to early for the 64 Larks. However, when I skipped over to the Mercedes Benz colors, they had pages and pages of metallic colors, and of course they have assorted colors to match trim, bumpers, body, or whatever that year, make, and model called for. In that respect if I wanted to change the color on the '55 which is a Rustoleum black with Sunrise Red striping, well the sky is the limit, lol.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
            X