Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karterfred88
    replied
    Well I see it's on E-Bay--good luck with the sale. I bought one from a collector in Pa. Paint is weak, 10,000 mile engine and new interior. Needs carb work but otherwise sharp. Paid what you were asking for yours--but drove mine off the trailer without oil leaks and fully detailed. Put some money into it and get it running, the supercharger mounted . Buy the engine covers from SI and detail it and the bids will go much higher.

Leave a comment:

• CALI
    replied
    Yep... you're right! Thanks for catching that! So, all is not as bad in the world as I thought. ;-)

Sorry for thinking you bad mouthed our car karterfred88. Hopefully I'll be able to find a battery for it next time I'm in town. Then, that cutie is going to have to go to the highest bidder.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Look again, he did not say the car was fried, he said: "try and start but battery so fried won't turn over". He said the same thing you just said, the battery is dead.

Leave a comment:

• CALI
    replied
    You guys are too much...

karterfred88<--I'm so disappointed with your shallow comment about the car being fried. That is so far from the truth. The car is not fried, the battery is dead as a door nail. The car was driven several times per month before the owner died of cancer and I'm certain someone will be driving it again very soon.

Originally posted by JDP View Post
    Think about it, I just sold a R2 needing paint for 17K, how could I pay 15K for a R2 with just some of the blower stuff and needing paint and work for 15K and come out even ? I have a client willing to pay 25K or more for a "done" car, and if I find him one, that would be the better deal in thel ong run. If the lady would sell the car for a bit less, with luck you could have a decent driver at a fair price.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    Sometimes JDP is his own worst enemy. He looks over a dozen Studes for sale, chooses the one real diamond-in-the-rough, cleans it up, fixes most of the little issues, advertises it well and widely and gets a good price for it.

Then, how often have we seen the detritus - the other eleven would-be sellers have only the rough car, buried in a garage piled with crap so it can't be seen, hasn't been running for years, much less be driven for an evaluation. Armed with a two-minute on-line search showing JDP got $XX,000, that's what their car is worth, too. Just human nature and the nature of the old car hobby.

jack vines

P.S. karterfred88 Listen to the experts - "There's nothing so expensive as a cheap Avanti."
    Think about it, I just sold a R2 needing paint for 17K, how could I pay 15K for a R2 with just some of the blower stuff and needing paint and work for 15K and come out even ? I have a client willing to pay 25K or more for a "done" car, and if I find him one, that would be the better deal in thel ong run. If the lady would sell the car for a bit less, with luck you could have a decent driver at a fair price.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Sometimes JDP is his own worst enemy. He looks over a dozen Studes for sale, chooses the one real diamond-in-the-rough, cleans it up, fixes most of the little issues, advertises it well and widely and gets a good price for it.

Then, how often have we seen the detritus - the other eleven would-be sellers have only the rough car, buried in a garage piled with crap so it can't be seen, hasn't been running for years, much less be driven for an evaluation. Armed with a two-minute on-line search showing JDP got $XX,000, that's what their car is worth, too. Just human nature and the nature of the old car hobby.

jack vines

P.S. karterfred88
    Can't afford a high dollar car. Looking for one like this that I can drive and fix up as I can afford it, but want to be able to drive and enjoy it.
    Listen to the experts - "There's nothing so expensive as a cheap Avanti."

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
    Yeah it's that one, oil pool in drip pan (at least a quart) added three to try and start but battery so fried won't turn over. Pity, its a sharp car except paint and records on owners to 1963. Unfortunately the daughter (executor) thinks it's worth alot more than it is as is. Can't afford a high dollar car.
    Looking for one like this that I can drive and fix up as I can afford it, but want to be able to drive and enjoy it.
    We passed on the car do to price and the issues you mentioned, so we won't beat you to that car unless the owner gets realistic on the price.

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    Yeah it's that one, oil pool in drip pan (at least a quart) added three to try and start but battery so fried won't turn over. Pity, its a sharp car except paint and records on owners to 1963. Unfortunately the daughter (executor) thinks it's worth alot more than it is as is. Can't afford a high dollar car.
    Looking for one like this that I can drive and fix up as I can afford it, but want to be able to drive and enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
    No build sheet. In fact Bob's Avanti site shows the car in Pa when the DMV records clearly show it's been in CA back to the 70's. The parts are from Lionel Stone, bought a few years ago before the owner passed away--not all there but looks like he was in process of trying to super charge the car. Block # taken off car. Have serial number, but since I'm first in line to buy it don't want to print it here. Lost too many to John and Sal already.
    If it's the close to 15K one with most of the blower stuff in the trunk, we know about it. I'm chasing a high dollar, 390 plus point R2 4 speed car that the PO spent over 40K on.

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    George,
    Thabks for your help. I sent the info through private messages, don't know how to get your e-mail address.
    Fred

Leave a comment:

• R3 challenger
    replied
    Avanti engine RS-1084 came originally in a '63 Avanti, and it was supercharged from the factory. After some searching, I found the original production order, although I won't list the serial number here because of your wishes not to have it publicized. Contact me at my e-mail address if you want more details.

George

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    No build sheet. In fact Bob's Avanti site shows the car in Pa when the DMV records clearly show it's been in CA back to the 70's. The parts are from Lionel Stone, bought a few years ago before the owner passed away--not all there but looks like he was in process of trying to super charge the car. Block # taken off car. Have serial number, but since I'm first in line to buy it don't want to print it here. Lost too many to John and Sal already.

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    "RSxxxx" = R2. "Rxxxx" = R1.

is this the original block number? (have you got the build sheet for your car?)

nate

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    started a topic RS1084 R1 or R2

RS1084 R1 or R2

I looking at an interesting 63 Avanti with a box of parts, looks like the owner was trying to upgrade an R1 to R2. How can I tell the original configuration of RS1084 (engine number front top)
Working...
X