No announcement yet.

Need opinions on Waterpump noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, If one were to need a water pump for, say a '53 2R10, what would be a good place to get one? Can you change just the seal, and where might I get one of those?

Thanks, Joel

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Joel.
      Check out the vendors on this link
      http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Get a parts catalog so you can order by part number and, if you haven't done so, join the Studebaker Drivers Club and receive the monthly magazine TURNING WHEELS. All the vendors you will need are there.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Joined the SDC a couple months ago, the local chapter a couple weeks ago. Looked through the vendors the other night. I even found out they were available thru NAPA, for a price. Thamks again, Joel

Comment

Tip on instaling the water pump:::::: Use a bolt with the head cut off ( stud ) in two or three holes when bolting the new pump on. With two or three studs placed into the bolt holes, place the gasket and pump on to the manifold(block). After a few bolts are snug ( not tight bolts ) replace the studs with the proper bolts, then torque all bolts. The studs are a great guide and will hold the gasket and pump in correct position while working.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by curt

Tip on instaling the water pump:::::: Use a bolt with the head cut off ( stud ) in two or three holes when bolting the new pump on. With two or three studs placed into the bolt holes, place the gasket and pump on to the manifold(block). After a few bolts are snug ( not tight bolts ) replace the studs with the proper bolts, then torque all bolts. The studs are a great guide and will hold the gasket and pump in correct position while working.
            That's a great idea Curt! Unfortunately, I'll have to try it the next time I have to replace the waterpump, as I just replaced mine this weekend, along with the spark plugs, which really needed some attention.

Now all I need, is to get the carburetor back from the rebuilder and I'll be able to fire the Hawk up and see if the fruits of my labor was in vain or not.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Working...
            X