Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

vintage air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage air

Vintage air lists a compressor mount bracket for Studbaker v8, it looks to be a complete water pump manifold, has anyone had any experience with this? their part#151590-SSA. I was suprised to find studebaker listed.
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

I am positive it is a bracket only deal Mark. You can do a search here, AC brackets have been discussed here many times.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Purchased the Stude'/Vintage Air bracket and pulley a couple years ago. The pulley is quite massive (sollid steel, 1 1/4" thick) and would not work w/ the Avanti style ballancer - They were great and let me return the pulley for credit. The bracket is specific to the left (drive) side or right (pass) side - you need to decide before ordering. Very high quality, well made. Give them a call - They are very helpful.
      Best of luck, Paul K

Comment

I plan to call Vintage air on Monday, the reason I thought it might be the water pump manifold, is that is what Summit racing has pictured, while $189 seemed cheap for the manifold, but pricey for the bracket. I don't plan to buy from Summit they just came up on a Web search
        Mark Riesch
        New Bern, NC

Comment

I bought all of my under the hood AC for my R1 Hawk from Vintage and it fit perfectly. However you need to tell them if you have PS or not since the brackets are different depending upon which one you have. They used to not list the PS one on their website but they do have it.
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I talked to Vintage air this morning, they have the installation instructions listed on their website. Duh!
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
            X