No announcement yet.

1963 golden hawk rear brake drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drum and hub assemblies are listed as available from SI if you can afford the price.

Terry

Comment

Steve, I have new & used rear drums for the SuperHawk, but could not get you to answer your phone!
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

OK, update.

we got the brake shoes, wheel cylinders, used hub/drums installed today, bled them, but the master cylinder is very weak, hardly enough to bleed the brakes.
        The saga continues, but I think we will have it running maybe next weekend.

The brake set up on this 63 hawk sure is different than what I have seen. The master cylinder is under the drivers seat, there is a fill/reserve tank on the firewall, and there is a power brake booster under the hood near the left front fender. Sure spreads stuff out!

Also, the power assist unit makes a noise like a small pig grunt when you pump the brakes while the motor is running. Does that mean the diaphram in the power assist is shot too? ( I assume there is a diaphram in there)

We will keep on fixing this thing up one part at a time.

Comment

You may need to add a once or two of NEATS FOOT OIL to the booster to lube up the leather seal.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Make sure you check the steel brake lines for rust too! I don't think Studebaker EVER figured on any of these cars being around this long!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X