Leave a comment:

• hawk58man
    replied
    Thanks I 'll try to take a look at it..

Leave a comment:

• Supercharged57
    replied
    Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
    Is the replacement floor pan in your picture from Classic Enterprises? And how would you rate the product and the fit?
    Brian
    Brian,
    Yes the floors and every other sheetmetal part we replaced so far is from Classic.

I rate the product high and fit was great.

The only thing I did not like was shipping.... was not done in a timely manner.
    Jeff
    Last edited by Supercharged57; 01-02-2011, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercharged57 View Post
    Here's a pic of my 57' Golden Hawk being raised from the dead!
    Is the replacement floor pan in your picture from Classic Enterprises? And how would you rate the product and the fit?
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Supercharged57
    replied
    Your lucky,
    My Frame was rotted into the ground and my GH was snapping in half like a pencil.

I guess the roof & glass held it together until we replaced the floors & frame.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    I posted these pix from when I did the floors on my '53 back in the mid 90s a while back but here they are again. Tack weld angle irons to keep the door posts from moving before you start cutting.

In my case, my frame was rotted out too and I had to repair it at the same time as the body so it was quite a concern not to allow anything to move.

Hopefully you are not having that problem!

Leave a comment:

• Supercharged57
    replied
    Here's a pic of my 57' Golden Hawk being raised from the dead!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JohnM15
    replied
    I'm going to do this in the near future on my M15-20, please keep us updated ...

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    "Measure 5 times, cut once & re-measure before welding." is the best advice I have. Bob is right about keeping things square and in place during the entire proceedure!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I noticed there are a bunch of videos over on YouTube if you search using "Floor pan replacement." However...you have to sort through the ones with the blasting rap music and the ones done by people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    It's reasonably straight forward but just a couple of thoughts. I assume the body is still on the frame so be sure to brace the door posts in position if you are cutting the floor pans near them.

Secondly, when you get the old floor out, be sure to look for rusty braces etc. Replace if necessary.

BTDT, and certainly WELCOME!!!! to the forum, glad you are aboard.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Replace rusty hawk floorpans need your experienced help

I am about to start to start cutting the rusted floorboards out of my 58 Hawk both sides from toe board to under back seat.Have purchased Classic enterpises stamped Driver and passenger panels from toe board to under seat LF and RT sides and foot pans.. has anyone out there done this,could you share your experience ,and ''hind site'' if you were going to do this again..what prep needs to be done if any before I start cutting..Thanks
Working...
X