Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

removing dash knobs...how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing dash knobs...how

How does one remove the dash knobs for hood, headlight, overdrive. Do they simply pull off. I don't see a set screw. I don't want to destroy them in the process.........Brad

What year and model car/truck?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Headlite - there's a little button on the body of the switch. While pressing that button, extract the knob and shaft out towards the cabin.

The other two you speak of, the knobs don't "come off". They come out with the shaft and wire that's attached to them.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

'47 Champion...Brad
        quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

What year and model car/truck?

Comment

You just saved some knobs !!!!!..............Brad
          quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Headlite - there's a little button on the body of the switch. While pressing that button, extract the knob and shaft out towards the cabin.

The other two you speak of, the knobs don't "come off". They come out with the shaft and wire that's attached to them.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I had one knob that a FO has used epoxy to cement the knob on. I don't understand why some people do such permant 'fixes'.

Comment

Working...
            X