Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Valve cover with no oil holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve cover with no oil holes

i JUST CAME ACROSS TWO YELLOW V8 VALVE COVERS IN MY COLLECTION THAT DO NOT HAVE ANY OIL CAP HOLES. ANY 1963 OR '64 THAT I HAVE SEEN HAS HOLES ON BOTH COVERS. ANY IDEA WHAT THESE WOULD BE OFF OF.

THANKS

T-CAB

Of course, a late 1960 to 1961 Stude. V-8 if re-painted Yellow, or a early '62 partial full flow V-8, already Yellow.

Or even from a '62 to '64 Transtar or Champ LEFT SIDE! Many Trucks do not have a Oil Cap on the Left Side! Transtars HIT the battery Box.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-15-2010, 10:16 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I've seen quite a few like that. I have some loose at home. Can't recall what cars they were in but early partial flow engines had an oil filler at the front and center combined with the oil filter mount. So, no need for a filler on the cover. I have no full flow blocks so I can't say for sure if any were used on those but ones I have had in the past had at least one cover with a filler.

Comment

I once spent a hour detailing a pair of those for a full flow block, but woke up before installing them.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

My late '62 full flow without crankcase ventilation also uses them.
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X