Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a part number - PLEASE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a part number - PLEASE

    I need the part number for the rocker arm cover gaskets on a 1962 GT Hawk with a 289 engine. The Studebaker number I have is 1550847. I also have old part numbers for Victor - VS 38295 and Felpro - PS 10034. Can anybody give me a current number? I will be adjusting the valves and I would like to have the gaskets on hand.
    Peter Bishop
    Director,
    Northeast Zone

  • #2
    The Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com use the Neoprene Gaskets 1561165 and you will require (4) of 530858 valve Cover grommet as well.

    The 1550847 most likely is cork.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Rich but is there a Felpro number?
      Peter Bishop
      Director,
      Northeast Zone

      Comment


      • #4
        I was hoping someone would suggest which of our vendors could provide the rocker arm cover gaskets.
        Peter Bishop
        Director,
        Northeast Zone

        Comment


        • #5
          Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker.......website here: http://www.fairbornstudebaker.com/
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
            I was hoping someone would suggest which of our vendors could provide the rocker arm cover gaskets.
            How about ALL of them?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

            Comment


            • #7
              Any of the Stude vendors will have them at about the same price. Fel-Pro doesn't make them anymore.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                How about ALL of them?
                So far I have tried the websites for Studebaker International, Fairborn, Cathcart and Studebaker West, none of them have either 1550847 or 1561165 available. I'll next try Studebaker vendors that do not have a web site.
                Peter Bishop
                Director,
                Northeast Zone

                Comment


                • #9
                  Call them! They have them! Studebaker International doesn't have all of its parts listed (yet) on the website, the others you have mentioned have little to none of their inventory available to 'just click and order it' on-line, and in some cases one part will be used to replace several variations of a previous part and only that number will be listed. Speaking from experience, you can spend alot of time searching through the sites on-line looking for a part, or just pick up the phone and call them.

                  Joe

                  Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
                  So far I have tried the websites for Studebaker International, Fairborn, Cathcart and Studebaker West, none of them have either 1550847 or 1561165 available. I'll next try Studebaker vendors that do not have a web site.
                  sigpic

                  1962 Daytona
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And a few others

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by irish View Post
                    Call them! They have them! Studebaker International doesn't have all of its parts listed (yet) on the website, the others you have mentioned have little to none of their inventory available to 'just click and order it' on-line, and in some cases one part will be used to replace several variations of a previous part and only that number will be listed. Speaking from experience, you can spend alot of time searching through the sites on-line looking for a part, or just pick up the phone and call them.

                    Joe
                    They have just been ordered from William Fennessey.
                    Peter Bishop
                    Director,
                    Northeast Zone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
                      So far I have tried the websites for Studebaker International, Fairborn, Cathcart and Studebaker West, none of them have either 1550847 or 1561165 available.
                      You missed it on the top right side of Pg. 148 S.I. Catalog, but why fool around with on-line ordering, just call!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X