Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overdrive bearing number

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Overdrive bearing number

    I'm rebuilding the transmission in the truck, and decided I might as well replace all of the bearings. The overdrive bearing can't be read on mine, does anyone have a good number I can take down to the bearing supplier? It's an R10 overdrive, date code on the tranny is November 1950, and I think these two were always together.

    Ron
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

  • #2
    Both the Front Overdrive Shaft Bearing and the Rear are the same, Studebaker Part Number 1542951 about $35.00 each at Studebaker Vendors.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Both the Front Overdrive Shaft Bearing and the Rear are the same, Studebaker Part Number 1542951 about $35.00 each at Studebaker Vendors.
      didn't think to look at that because both bearings in mine are different manuafcturers with different numbers.

      Thanks!
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

      Comment


      • #4
        Actually, looking at teh parts book this AM, that's true for a T89, but mine is a T-90, bearing PN 531584. I'm wanting to pick it up locally so I can put it back together this weekend...SI or other vendors can't get it to me that quickly.

        Ron

        Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
        didn't think to look at that because both bearings in mine are different manuafcturers with different numbers.

        Thanks!
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

        Comment


        • #5
          Try Timken 6206ZE
          Thanks,
          Chuck

          Comment


          • #6
            Take the bearing to any decent partshouse and they can cross reference it for you. John

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cstude1 View Post
              Try Timken 6206ZE
              Thanks,
              Chuck
              Thanks Chuck
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 56pres View Post
                Take the bearing to any decent partshouse and they can cross reference it for you. John
                I'm having a heck of a time with the snap ring holding this one in, so I can't get it to them. I've got a new set of snap ring pliers that may finally do the trick.
                Ron Dame
                '63 Champ

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                  bearing PN 531584.

                  Ron
                  Timken 206S... about $17

                  Timken Bearing Interchange Chart: CAUTION- BIG FILE!!!
                  http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...hangeGuide.pdf
                  Last edited by Studeman; 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM.
                  Ray

                  www.raylinrestoration.com
                  Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Studeman View Post
                    Timken 206S... about $17

                    Timken Bearing Interchange Chart: CAUTION- BIG FILE!!!
                    http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...hangeGuide.pdf
                    Cool, Ray, thanks .

                    Both the 6206 ZE and 6206 ZJ crrss to this too, so that's kind of a triple confirmation...too bad the parts house was out of stock, and I could have ordered it anyway form a Stude vendor.
                    Ron Dame
                    '63 Champ

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X