Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

85 Avanti upper rad hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 Avanti upper rad hoses

Does anyone out there have a current part #'s for the two upper hoses. This car doesn't have a surge tank, just a tube with a fitting for the radiator cap and a line to overflow/resevoir tank. The engine is a 305 HighOutput. Gates hose #'s would be a bonus. Thanks in advance !!! Lou Cote

Hi Lou, you need Avanti Motors part # 1700928 and 1700929 available at Studebaker Vendors.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Just bringing this forward as the 170028 and 170029 only fit an Avanti WITH an expansion tank. Same thing for Gates #'s 20046 & 20904. The hose that I'm looking for is the one that comes from thermostat housing to in line filler neck. It is 10 3/4 inches long one end is 1 3/4" the other is 1.580. All you parts wizards out there HELP!!!!! thanks Lou Cote RQB 4240

Comment

Lou

I don't know about the formed hose, which is essential if you are looking for originality but I went with a flex hose on my 83 which has the end sizes (1 3/4 X 1 5/8) you need. I don't recall the number but it was Gates and any normal auto store should be able to find it. Secondly, Gates makes rubber adapters that will take an 1 3/4 hose to 1 5/8 and bond to the hose so you can adapt an 1 3/4 X 1 3/4 hose of the correct length.

This is my setup which is a driver not a flawless show car. The thermostat housing is not the same as yours because I had to use the adjustable one to clear the temp sensor for the Holley EFI but it is the same hose that was attached to the standard thermostat housing before I changed it.

Sorry I can't get you numbers.

Bob
        , ,

Comment

Try Nostalgic Avanti in Wixom, MI, they are on the web.

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
          55 Speedster (in work)
          63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
          64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
          64 Avanti R2 (completed)
          85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
          89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Thermo Housing

The adjustable (rotate to change direction) thermo housing is a gosh send - They are also available in various elevation angles from the usual mail/on-line suppliers (summit, Jegs, Speedway). Was a real help in relocating the alternator to the top of the engine - Now the fan will not cut the hose apart.
            Paul K

Comment

Well Nostalgic Avanti's website is under reconstruction at this time, no one was answering phone there on friday. I will try again on monday. I will keep digging on this, I have found a hose that goes from the radiator to the filler neck. When I get some part #'s I will post to help others out. Merry Christmas to all !!! Lou Cote

Comment

Working...
              X